Wednesday, November 26, 2008


It's technically Wednesday, and I know several others have already done "Thankful Thursday" but I had to take the opportunity for this Thanksgiving to share all the amazing things I have to be thankful for! Besides, I'm a HUGE fan of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, I plan on spending the morning waiting to see Santa at the end of the parade, and then spending the day with family.

11. Chocolate, especially when it's hot chocolate! In the words of Racheal Ray-Yum-O!

10. Coffee, what a way to jumpstart the day (or end the day) or share with friends.

9. My job, they can be hard to come by in this town :)

8. Fleece-God's gift to a girl who is always freezing!! I think it's like wearing a little piece of heaven :)

7. Christmas music, nothing says happy holidays better than a terrific tune!

6. The Holiday Season! I LOVE the holidays! I can't wait to decorate the house (okay, I already have my wreath, but I can't wait to do the rest). I love this time of sharing with others, enjoying the lights, shopping, wrapping, celebrating...the whole nine yards-Love it all!

5. My home. I may complain about it being small and cold, but I truly feel blessed to have a home with "character" to share with those I love.

4. My dogs! You didn't think I'd get through a blog post without mentioning the crazy canines, did you? The make the house cleaning chores increase by what feels like ten-fold, but they always make me smile. I especially love their enthusiasm every morning when I wake up! They dance and prance all around me waiting for love and kisses. You know it's love, because, I'll admit, I look pretty scary when I'm fresh out of bed.

3. My friends! Those of you I've neglected because of this whole crazy school thing and I can still call on when needed, and those of you who are suffering and supporting through school with me...you all rock!

2. My family, who are all a little crazy in their own way, but I love 'em anyway!

1. My husband! He is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I can't imagine my life without him. He is truly a blessing!

6 comments:

mmsnyder said...

I love the new background and christmas background! I also love the Macy's Day Parade- I am watching it right now!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

mmsnyder said...

Clearly I was not thinking when I typed my comment- ignore the "new background" I just meant to type "christmas background" :)

mmsnyder said...

so sorry to be stalking your comments... but I also meant to tell that I have blog envy at the moment.

Trish said...

Great post Em! I love reading what people are thankful for :) Also, adorable new background! Christmas...here we come! And lets totally get together over break. We have a LOT to catch up on! XOXO

Keith and Meghan said...

Do you have a Christmas center at your house???

Jen said...

Ha! We chose the same Christmas background...um, yeah, we really are twins! :)
XOXO