4 years ago labor day weekend, we signed and got the keys to our home. Colin and I were SO excited to have our first house together-big dreams with lots of elbow grease involved.
Labor day this year took on a slightly different twist. We put our home up for sale. Yup-four years, nearly to the day, we decided to see what would happen. So far, we haven't had a lot of action, but were are feeling good about whatever is meant to be will happen. We could have listed it earlier this summer, but why? Colin and I NEVER do anything that "makes sense." I mean, don't all teachers who move list their homes on the first day of school?
I never realized what hard work it takes to get a home ready to list it. I cleaned out closets, cleaned out the basement, touched up paint, worked in the yard, scrubbed crevices in my home I never knew existed before, took loads to my father-in-law's basement for storage, and took the dogs to live with their grandparents for a while. All of this happened while I was also setting up my classroom for a new year and Colin was working like crazy to finish our basement bedroom . Lucky for me his breaks consisted of helping me on my projects. Our home sparkles and shines, and is very quiet without our 8 paws. Everything looks great, but we're exhausted. It feels very strange, too. It feels fake-who really lives like this? Nonetheless, we are VERY excited about what may be in store for us. Time will tell!

1 comment:
PS-If anyone knows anyone who may be interested in a 4 bedroom bungalow,send them our way!!!!
Post a Comment