Tuesday, February 8, 2011

4 weeks

Time really flies when you have a baby! I CANNOT believe little Finley is already 4 weeks old. He is growing and changing each and every day. It is so TRULY AMAZING to live each day with this little boy. He brings unparalleled joy to our lives! Most of these past weeks are a fog, but I do know they have been filled with love (and sleepless nights-ha!)!

While a little late, here are some pictures from the past weeks

We are now, officially, a "Party of 3." One of our first family photos!

Finn hanging out in my recovery room! He LOVES having his feet straight up and/or out! It really is reflective his cozy position in the womb!

After 3 days in the hospital, Finn is ready to head home! I'm glad he felt so peaceful about the transition because I was a wee-bit nervous!

I might be OBSESSED with his hair! It's so soft and perfectly long enough in the back for me to play with!

CUTEST feet in the whole world!!!

Stretching before a diaper change!

Hanging out in his swing! He's so relaxed in the swing, it's one of the only places he'll sleep (he WILL NOT sleep in the bassinet).


3 weeks old, just before a sneeze!

Who doesn't LOVE a naked baby?!?!?!!
He is the BEST snuggler and LOVES to be held on your chest!
His little fingers are getting chubbier and sort of make me want to "gobble him up!"
4 weeks! Finn is awake more and more, his eyes are beginning to change, he is starting to smile, and he makes really cute, silly faces all of the time. He also still LOVES having his hands up by his face-just like in all of my ultrasounds:)

At 4 weeks old, he is starting to outgrow his "newborn" clothes and is starting to wear his "0-3 months" clothes. Here he is in his alligator outfit (which I've been DYING for him to grow into) alongside his stuffed alligator from his super adorable cousin, Tyler! Finn is starting to stretch his legs and arms out more and more, but still LOVES rolling to his right side nearly every time we put him down.

This child has changed our lives like nothing else ever could. It is one of the hardest changes, yet totally the BEST and most rewarding change! We love him more than words could ever express and every day I thank the Lord for this little, perfect miracle!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness...I love Fin!!! I am glad the transition to mommyhood has gone so well for you and that you're feeling good! I can't wait to snuggle little Fin! Give him a huge kiss for me (oh, can you kiss the bottom of his feet for me too?)! :) Love you!

Kristen said...

Oh the time goes by so fast. I think I was a little depressed when Sydney was a month old. I couldn't believe that a month had already gone by. Congrates on your little family. Hope everything is going well for you. I'll be thinking of you during those wee hours in the morning. Know that I'm right there with you.

Tiffany said...

Love, love, love all the pics! Finn is so cute I can't even stand it! And I couldn't agree more with you about his hair! Is it weird to pet a baby? I can't believe he's 4 weeks old. Truly amazing. Smother that little guy in kisses for me!

mmsnyder said...

i LOVE him!!!! :) and i love the new header picture... so sweet!

Keith and Meghan said...

somehow I missed this post! Holy cow, he really is so cute Em! It's unbelievable how quickly they grow and change---it just gets better and better!