Tuesday, February 21, 2012

13 Months

Finn and Me on his first birthday.

Happy little giraffe so excited to face forward in the car seat!

13 months

Finley's first "shiner!"

I'm a little late at getting this posted, but Finley is now 13 months. I'm still wrapping my brain around having a "toddler."  Seriously? Where does time go? Every day this little boys makes me smile and think of how lucky I am!!!  The hardest days at home are still a cazillion times better than anything I could have ever imagined. Sometimes,when I'm holding/snuggling him,  I'm pretty sure my heart may just burst:)


Sizes: clothes are 18-24 months. Diapers-size 4


Teeth: 5 on top, 4 on bottom with a 5th coming through any second now!

Favorites:
foods include YOGURT (still)! Ham, fruit, green beans, bread, and Babybel cheese (not string cheese, though). Oh, and Cheerios, too!

His favorite toys include any ball, block, car or drumstick (yes, pretty sure he's "all boy"). He's also loving his push toys these days.

Favorite person (besides mommy) is his grandpa. Finn LOVES his grandpa (papa), and WOW, you wouldn't believe these two...the BOTH have each other wrapped around their little fingers!!!! 

Sleep: Still to bed by 7:00 and up by 6:00. From time-to-time, we are up once or twice in the night, but it's getting better. I am pretty sure it's all his teeth's fault!

On the go: Finn is crawling around like crazy. He can go so fast that sometimes his arms can't keep up with his legs and he ends up tripping himself. He is also walking behind his push toys. He also LOVES to climb up stairs. Now we just have to teach him how to come down!

Words: Our baby genius (te-he) can say several words which always get a good reaction out of us. Mama (which sometimes sounds more like just plain "mom"), dada, papa, da (dog), pu, pu (Poacher) buh-bye, ba-ba (bottle), yum, and Ya. He also says "ho, ho, ho" for any Santa, or Santa-like picture (i.e. Noah on the Ark with a white beard).  He's also working on animal sounds and usually makes a moo-like sound for cows. As for the other animals, he'll copy us, but doesn't generate them on his own.

This month has been a bit hectic and will most likely continue to be so as we are in the process of purchasing a new home and moving!  We are set to close on the new home on March 19th, so let's just hope I get his 14 month post done on time, otherwise it may be a *wee-bit* late. Finley has been to the new house several times and already LOVES all the room he has to crawl and climb-I'm pretty sure it will be even better once his toys are actually there-ha!!  We are so excited about this  transition and beginning of the next chapter in our life as a family of three!

2 comments:

Keith and Meghan said...

love you Finn!

Tiffany said...

I'm beyond thrilled for you guys and your new home! And how many of those month stickers do you have? Mine only go up to a year! When will you stop? When he's 18? LOL! Just joking!