Tuesday, June 19, 2012

17 Months

17 Months

Blowing a kiss goodbye to mommy on his last day of daycare for the year!
As quick as the camera can capture it, he's off to play!
Since I posted his 16 month update so late, not a lot has changed. The biggest thing is that now we are on summer vacation and there are no words to express my excitement about this. I cannot wait to savor every moment with Finley; playing, giggling, chasing, reading, and snuggling are the best, but I'm even happy to make his lunch, wipe his nose, and change his diapers! The flip side of this: I think Finley might miss some of his friends and his routine. Yesterday was the first day we were home together. Finn asked for daddy no less than 734 times...I really think he thought it was the weekend still. Today, he's tried to call daddy on the phone (which is really the TV remote or a rattle that he has), but not asking for him quite as much. It really melts my heart to know how much he loves his daddy.


Finn is SUCH a good little boy!!! He "minds" fairly well and just has this slightly "soft-spoken" personality that makes him easy goin' (for the most part, but we all have our "moments"). However, don't be fooled by this little cutie-patootie...He bit one his his best buddies at daycare a few weeks ago. Needless to say, I was mortified; however, I know all kids have to test their boundaries. Then, last week, he tried to hit me; he can throw a MAJOR fit (especially when he has to come inside after playing outside, or when the crayons have to be put away). This morning he even tried hitting the wall when he didn't get his way; things could get interesting around here. Thankfully, these little outbursts are few and far between!!  And really, he's SUCH A GOOD BOY! Colin and I are always telling each other how incredibly lucky we are!!

He continues to amaze us each day with new things he learns/does. He's the living example of JOY!

3 comments:

Keith and Meghan said...

Love that sly smile :) Love that boy!

mmsnyder said...

i just love him! and i think his reaction to harper was the best of any so far! maybe the sweetest thing ive ever witnessed!!!

Erin said...

Enjoy the summer with your busy little boy! If it's anything like my summer, you're enjoying a lot of chasing :)