To say it's been a busy end of summer/beginning fall is probably obvious, but also feels like a bit of an understatement. Getting settled back into the routine of work, school, and daycare has taken a bit of time and energy, but we are finally getting into the swing of things (none too early). Finley is growing, changing and learning new things like crazy. He is SO.MUCH.FUN right now. His laugh is the the best sound in the world, and his smile simply makes my heart melt! Here are a few pictures to summarize the past few months. And maybe someday I'll deal with the 1200+ pictures on my phone and show WAY more of what we've been up to:)
 |
| Using his drum as a seat to stare outside. This child would LIVE outside if we'd let him. |
 |
| Before summer ended we went to visit my brother and his family. Here we are at the Woodland Park Zoo! |
 |
| Ready to roll through the zoo! Finn LOVED the "Manals," (aka animals). |
 |
| Daddy, Finn, and Tyler |
 |
| Finn and Tyler LOVED watching the bears swim. |
 |
| Taking a ride before we headed back to have more cousin time! Finn LOVES Tyler and Emmet and talks about them all the time. I just wish I would have taken more pictures of all of the boys together! |
 |
| Happy Boy! |
 |
| Love that smile! |
 |
| Hanging out in the box from Costco. |
 |
| 20 months and BARELY holding still. |
 |
| One last "monthly photo" in the rocking chair. |
 |
| Playing at home usually consists of getting into EVERY. SINGLE. DRAWER in the kitchen and playing with all of the "gadgets." |
 |
| Such a big boy sitting in his booster seat. No my high chair! We also said goodbye to the bottle during this time frame (which he was only getting one bottle of water at bedtime anyway, so it was a pretty easy transition, thankfully). |
 |
| Playing at home while trying on his Captain America costume from grandma. No, this isn't his halloween costume (this year anyway-it's still really, really big). |
 |
| Talking on mommy's phone. He loves to say, "hewo! Hi papa, (insert fake laugh). How you? (more fake laugh). Bye bye!" Finley will pretend to talk on just about anything and when there isn't a fake phone, toy, cup or the like around, he simply uses his hand! |
 |
| Best picture I could get this month. Notice he's not in the rocker or near his crib...He's on his Big Boy Bed!!!! Yep, we made the switch and so far he's doing great!!! Thankfully he hasn't figured out how to get OUT of his bed yet (not looking forward to that stage). | | |
|
|
Other things to note:
- He's talking like CRAZY. Favorite phrases include
- What happened?
- I get down now!
- I love you, _______ (insert mama, daddy, papa, gramma)
- Happy Halloween
- Where's my ______?, followed by insert daddy, papa, mama, joe-joe, boom-boom, holly (daycare) Jason/kyle (two sons from daycare's), Mickey, blankie, water, etc., etc, etc.
- I don't know...
- Wearing 2T clothes, size 5 diapers, size 6 to 7 shoes.
- Loves his bath but HATES getting his hair washed
- loves to sing
- LOVES, LOVES, LOVES books
- Asks for "nandy" (aka candy. mommy does NOT like this one).
- loves Mickey Mouse
- OBSESSED with wearing Shoes of any sort and puts them on himself.
- Pretends to feed his toys.
- Is still a great eater!
- LOVES to dip any sort of food into any sort of sauce/liquid/yogurt
- Loves our neighbor, Hannah
- Gives kisses, and even figured out how to pucker his lips!
Generally speaking, the best little boy in the entire world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really looking forward to Halloween and the upcoming Holidays with this little guy who is so full of personality! Everything takes on a new meaning and a new level of joy with him. Happy fall!
3 comments:
Wow! He has certainly grown up in the past few months. But he remains one of the cutest boys we know---we love "Finwey!" He is quickly surpassing Kendall in the big kid area! Booster seat??? Toddler bed??? What the heck!? I guess I'm just not ready to let go of my "baby." or I'm just lazy (probably that!). SOOOO thankful to see some pics and hear all the fun things you are up to. Love that he says "where's my ___?" I didn't realize how young that Man trait begins! HA! Thanks for the update---I needed my Finley fix!
Oh, Finn!!! We love him so much!! I really can't believe how fast he's grown! Em, he's one of the sweetest little boys we know! Give him a hug for us!!!
xoxo
Love this post Em! I love that he pretends to talk on the phone! He is so sweet! :)
Post a Comment