Saturday, October 18, 2008

October

Wow! I can't believe we're already halfway through October. Time flies! Colin is healing quite well and things are back to "normal" (whatever that is, I guess). I've swapped my summer flowers on the front porch for pumpkins and scarecrows. A yummy pumpkin dessert is in the oven and who doesn't love a fabulous fall candle-Fall really is here!
Doing homework, keeping up at work, and balancing a home can be quite time consuming. Thank goodness we don't have kids yet...I think I'd have a nervous break down (haha). In between the assignments and correcting first-grade homework, I have managed to find a few minutes to play around with the dogs. Needless to say, they were not pleased, but it certainly made me laugh.
Little Kona May got fixed! She was so funny in her cone, but was so good about wearing it, despite her embarrassment. How she knew she looked ridiculous, I'll never know, but she did. The funniest part was that Poacher wouldn't go near her when she was wearing it. He was terrified as he growled and ran to the other side of the house/yard.
After some time to heal, I decided the dogs could wear their Halloween bandannas. Kona wouldn't stop trying to eat Poacher's bandanna, which of course, made him mad (he loves wearing it-so I think anyway). Here she is staring it down to plot her next plan of attack-Literally!
What a cute face!
Wearing their fun clothes proved to be a little to exciting for the dogs, so we had to give them something else to occupy their time with. (I don't know why this picture is kind of blurring, but you get the point). They don't normally lay this close to each other without fighting over bones, so I had to take a picture while I could.

I'm trying to convince Colin that the dogs need real costumes, but so far have been unsuccessful. If I do sway him-Well you'll see the pictures.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Love the dog pictures! I want to get a dog halloween costume as well, Eric keeps telling me no. But I think it just might HAVE to happen! Good Luck!

Jen said...

Em...Nick and I love the pictures of the dogs! We especially love the picture of them enjoying their bones! :) So cute!
~J
ps. I'm such a nerd, I got on blackboard today to look at our reading! Let's just say...it's quite a bit (ugh)!