Monday, February 16, 2009

The Gauntlet

Every year in our home we experience what has become known as "THE GUANTLET." We (and by we, I mean mostly Colin) have quite an onslaught of festivities to be responsible for.
1. Christmas...We've seen pictures of that already
2. My Birthday! Yes, I'm officially another year older. Colin made the most wonderful chocolate cake for me! I would post a picture of the yummy masterpiece, but I'm having some technical difficulties with my memory card (perhaps next time). Nonetheless, here are some pictures from the celebration.
Colin's Grandma gave me these cheerful flowers!


Colin actually had these gorgeous roses delivered to my classroom...Such a sweet surprise! Actually, it was more than a surprise, I was shocked. I really can't even remember the last time he gave me flowers, so this was a big stretch for him!
I knew it really was my b-day when I asked Colin to do a quick fix around the house, and it actually got done on the first request! Needless to say, that warranted a picture.


3. Our Anniversary! We have officially been married 4 years now! HOOORAY! It has flown by and I truly feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I can't wait for all the years to come! Because the big day was a very busy day for me, I failed at taking a single picture (I know, I suck). Anyway, we had a fabulous dinner at Luna's where we reminisced about all of our great memories together, and mostly how we really wished we were someplace warm!

4.Valentine's Day! We had a great time celebrating the day with Jay and Lindsey. We went to McKenzie River in CDA for pizza! So delicious, though, I've never been so full in my entire life.
We got roses with their orders, so of course Colin and I had to have a little fun with it. I had a hard time keeping a straight face.

Jay and Lindsey

Afterwards, we ended the night at our house. The guys played rock band for a while, then we finished up with AMAZING desserts from Maggie's South Hill Grill.

So we've all survived the guantlet. Now all I can think about is Spring!

5 comments:

mmsnyder said...

yeah! such a fun post!! :) and good job to Colin! love the new look on the blog by the way. very cute!

Jen said...

Looks like SO much fun!!! I seriously think Collin should make us a chocolate cake to enjoy at the end of this semester! :)

Emilie said...

Jen, That's such a great idea! Let's plan on it!

Stellar News! said...

Congrats on being married for 4 years! That is GREAT!!! Hank and I will have our 7 year this June!!! WOW! You are right... time flies!

Adams Adventure said...

Hi Em! So good to hear from you on our blog. I need to keep up on yours too. Loved the picture of you and Colin on V-day! Hope all is well with you guys- Happy belated birthday!

Sending you some sunshine from Cali...

Jadie