Tuesday, August 16, 2011

7 Months

Another month has come and gone and Finn is 7 months old! How does this happen SO fast? Our days continued to be filled with love and laughter. Finley is such a good little boy these days and generally happy (until bedtime, then that's another story). Here's some info (more for my sake than yours) about our little bug-a-boo.

Weight:
based on the the good ol' weigh yourself with baby, then without, he's about 20 pounds

Length:
??

Head:
Big-ha! Not sure actual size, but his hats are getting tighter!

Sleep at Night:
He's going down very easily now (praise the Lord) somewhere between 7:00-8:00. He's also the most reliable alarm clock imaginable-the jabbering begins every morning at 6:00AM.

Naps:Yay! He's FINALLY taking naps in the crib again. Some are shorter than I'd like, but VICTORY for mama! He usually takes 2-3 short naps a day.

Food: He loves pretty much EVERYTHING. Introducing formula went extremely well (no issues at all, and he'll drink any brand so far). He wants to try EVERYTHING we eat, too.

Playtime: Still loving the jumperoo, stuffed animals, and mirrors!

Development: He's still rolling over from his tummy to his back and has still yet to figure out how to go the other way. I'm thinking he'll just go from the sitting position (which he's very good at) straight to all fours. We're still working on this! It's AMAZING how much more he's aware of his surroundings, grabbing things, and talking all of the time! SO FUN!!!!

Favorites:His favorite song is still Jesus Loves Me, and he loves reading the Bible. He still loves peek-a-boo, and also loves "rolling it" during patty-cake.

Smiles:A few things that make him smile are making funny noises with your mouth, saying "mamamama," kissing his tummy and toes, or simply playing with his feet. The biggest smile comes when Daddy gets home from work!!

Tickles: He is ticklish behind his arms, his chest right below his chin, hips, and thighs!

Teeth: he has 2 front bottom teeth and 2 front top teeth!

Other: Today was Finn's first day of daycare. He was just there for the afternoon, but seemed to do well. The best news is mama didn't cry today, either (hooray! but I'm also not sure it has sunk in).

Here are a few (and by "few" I really mean "quite a few") pictures from the past month. Not all are in order-oh well!

playing the piano iPad app for tummy time! he LOVES the iPad (or any other electronic device).

We've LOVED going for our morning walks with Kendall and Meghan!

30 weeks

29 weeks-even though he's not smiling, there is something about this picture that I just love!


Our little family of 3 made a trip to Montana this past weekend. Finn spent a lot of time in the stroller like this-reclined, asleep and covered (BTW: love the canopy on this stroller)!

He REALLY wanted to try mommy's favorite drink of all time-a Big Sky Milky Way!
Dinner at Burger Bob's! This is just moments before his major meltdown and screaming (other than this little episode of crying and 45 minutes in the car on the way to Bozeman, he really was a trooper and did so well on this trip-even with the TONS of time in the car).
So happy to be playing in our hotel room! If you look REALLY closely, you can sort of see his two top teeth coming in!

GO Bobcats! Finn's first time on the MSU campus!
One last shot. Maybe someday will take this picture before we leave him there for college:)

We took things slow and steady on the way home with LOTS of stops. Typically a 6 hour trip with one stop turned into something MUCH longer (I honestly didn't even keep track of time) with 3 stops. Finley was much happier this way and was also loving wearing daddy's shades in Deer Lodge, MT.

Chubby toes in the grass

Spiked hair after bath time really made me laugh!

7 Months-Right before we hit the road to MT.


31 weeks

31 weeks-doing what he loves most-putting things in his mouth!


His first day of daycare! He was just there for the afternoon, but did great. the other kids were SO excited to have Finn join them!

This next month will be interesting as Finn continues to grow and learn everyday and as I have to figure out how to go from "mom" to "working mom." Finn and I are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky to have Colin who helps with EVERYTHING! Most importantly, we are loving life as a family of 3!

3 comments:

Keith and Meghan said...

LOVE! He is so incredibly cute...I also love that no smile picture, I think it's because he looks like a doll! I skimmed down to the very bottom of this page and I can't believe how much Finn has grown up in the past couple months...he has definitely changed from infant to baby this summer!

Tiffany said...

So happy to hear Finn is sleeping well for you again! My favorite pic is the spiked hair. Hilarious!

Stellar News! said...

I tell you what... he's a charmer! Such a good looking boy! Yay Finn, for taking some naps for mommy!!! Those are cherrished at my house! Good luck with everything on going back to work, Emilie! If you ever need a back-up sitter... I'm right down the road from Shiloh! ;)