| As usual, I'm a little late with this post, but here are some highlights (with some awkward formatting I can get around) from the past 2 months with our little boy! |
|
|
|
| | |  |
| Love the after-bath time snuggles! |
 |
| He refused to put on a shirt, but with that smile, he tends to get whatever he wants |
| ! |
 |
| Checkin' out his stuffed animals, "Blue Dog" and "Archie" |
 |
| Finn has been giving "big Squeezes" lately. Here is sharing the love with his animals. |
 |
| So tall! Hard to believe that the picture in the upper right corner here was him in what seems like just yesterday! |
 |
| Playing in the snow |
 |
| Testing out the mittens |
 |
| Look, Mom! |
 |
| He LOVES his snowman he and daddy built! |
 |
| Warming up with his first cup of hot chocolate! |
Things to remember
- Wearing sizes 2T shirts (pants are sometimes better with 24 months)
- Size 5 diapers
- Size 7 shoes
- Love, Love, LOVES shoes, especially his boots (rain boots and snow boots).
- Likes wearing his mittens and thinks it's hysterical when his index finger accidentally goes into the thumb hole.
- Gives kisses, loves, and "big squeezes" that will melt your heart in an instant.
- LOVES his mama (and daddy, too...but definitely a mama's boy right now).
- Started calling me "mommy" more often than than "mama"
- LOVES all things Christmas!
- Talks about Santa all the time!
Sir Talks-a-lot
This little boy is talking all the time! It is SO much fun to hear him jabber constantly, tell stories, sing songs, and start to share his thoughts (even if most of his thoughts are, "No, mama, no!"). Here are some of the things we hear a lot of these days
- "No, Mama, no!" He'll also tell this to other people, but sometimes says mommy, no matter who is talking to...old habits are hard to break;)
- "Wha Happen?" (Think of the actor from A Mighty Wind) and that's exactly who he sounds like).
- "I be happy to" although this one is phasing out...
- "Mama, I get down now?"
- "Pease, Mama"
- "I uv (love) you, ______"
- 'Snowman, fall over"
- "Frosty"
- "Santa at home!"
- "Santa Yights!!!"
- "Nope"
- "I reach it!"
- He also loves to talk about playing with a hockey stick (which doesn't sound like "stick" making it very entertaining for us to hear). He also loves clasping buckles. He often says, "push it" (which sounds more like "bull sh**).
- He continues to master and practice his animal sounds and likes to Hee-haw and Moo at any given moment and various volumes.
- He sings, "Nina dells, Nina dells, Ho, ho, ho!" all the time (Jingle bells). He inserted the Ho, ho, ho, all on his own.
Other thoughts
- He's been going potty in the potty chair more and more often (4 times or so in the last week, but he only wants to go before bath time....no other time of day). I was originally thinking we might be ready to potty train over Christmas break, but now I'm thinking we may wait until after baby sister arrives.
- He loves animals, books, iPhones, singing, trucks, playing, and just being a silly little boy! Oh, and he loves candy or "teats" when he can get his hands on it!
- He's starting to talk more about "baby sister" when we ask him. He'll give my tummy kisses, and rub it, and tell it, "I uv you sisa!" I don't think he totally "gets it" but he's getting there!
- He Still LOVES his grandparents and family (maybe because they all spoil him like there's no tomorrow).
- When you ask him how old he's going to be he says, "Two," but hasn't figured out how to hold 3 fingers down so it looks like a "hail Hitler" sort of salute. We are working on it.
- He's been trying to count lately. Usually he says, one, two, ...sometimes says three, often skips four and five, but loves six, seven, eight, nine!
- We are DEFINITELY seeing the beginning of the 2s from this little one. Oh boy, we might be in for it. There are moments when I really wonder where my sweet little boy went.
As with each new month, stage, or phase, we love him more and more everyday no matter what. He continues to be the light of our lives and I'm so excited that we get to celebrate his 2nd birthday in just a few short weeks!
1 comment:
Now I miss him more than ever! I need to spend some quality time with Finley SOON! I want to hear him say "push it" and see how tall he is in person---the picture compared to his baby picture is unreal! how is it possible that he's turned into a KID? I can still vividly picture him as a little newborn, sleeping/eating through our craft time. Love you Finn, happy almost birthday!
Post a Comment