Saturday, January 12, 2013

Finley's 2nd Birthday Party

Wow! Time Flies. Finley is 2. It really seems like we were JUST at the hospital with our little newborn baby. At the same time, I can hardly remember life before him (or at least how boring it must have been). We had such a great time celebrating our little guy with family and friends. And since Finn loves his "Mickey" we had a Mickey Mouse themed party. I really swore I was going to cut back this year, and I did...a little...compared to last year anyway! I could write forever about how much joy Finn brings to our life, but the bottom line is he has changed our lives forever in the best imaginable and beyond, but there are truly not enough words to tell how much he means to us.
 Now for a whole lot of pictures!!

The cake table. Susy at Sweet Dreams Bakery did a great job!

 
Mickey Mouse Oreos
Snacks
Because mice love cheese...
 
I found the cute Mickey Mouse shaped bowls at Target Needless to say, I couldn't resist!

Black, Red, and Yellow Licorice pieces added a sweet touch of color to the festivities.

The album from Finley's 1st Birthday Party, a book for guests to sign for Finley instead of a guest book , and Mickey/Minnie ears (thanks to Grandma Mel) greeted guests near the front door.
I might have a slight banner obsession:)

Favor bags. Our littlest guests got to take home a mickey-themed treat

On the inside of our front door.

Wreath and sign to greet guests on our front door.

An extra little sign to make our holiday skis look a little more festive.

Larger Banner above the food table.

Our sweet 2 year old!

It was fun coming up with a few simple projects to make the mantle party ready!

A close up

Another closeup

And another closeup.

You can only imagine my excitement when I found these cute little bottles of soap.

I told you I had a banner obsession!

Even the water got dressed for the occasion.

Finn, Reese, and Harper. We can't wait to celebrate these little sweeties 1st birthday!

My brother got a hold of my camera. I'm pretty sure baby sister was doing the "Hot Dog Dance' in my belly the entire day!

Finn was so excited to blow out the candle.

A little awe-struck by all the attention, but he really had so much fun!!

The dining room table. I found this cute paper to add to the table at Hobby Lobby!
Mmm, finally time to dig in!

DELISH!!

SPOILED!
He truly "oohed" at every single gift and couldn't wait to show EVERYONE what he got. So sweet!

Kendall was such a sweet and patient helper!
Showing Daddy the card!
Lovin' the Minnie Ears!
We had such a fun day celebrating Finley and are so thankful for all our family and friends who love our son and have supported us for the past two years!!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Beyond adorable, Em! So sorry we missed it!

Keith and Meghan said...

Meeska Mooska! What a party! of course every single little detail was completely Mickey Mouse and SO MUCH FUN! Em---time to start helping me get ready for party #3---you are a party planner extraordinaire (that could be the reality show spin right there!). We loved getting to celebrate with you. Thanks Finn, for allowing Kendall to be your gift "helper." We have loved watching you grow into your 2 year old self and look forward to many more years of friendship.

Jacquee Layton said...

So cute Em! I have a banner problem as well. Ain't no shame in it!

Stellar News said...

What an adorable theme!!! You can definitely tell how loved little Finely is!! Fabulous job, Emilie! We are headed to Chuck E Cheese for Kaleb's party!!! I''m not too ambitious this year! ;-) and congrats with baby #2!!!