We spent our time on the Wharf. We had an amazing time enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells of the area! Thankfully our hotel was super close, because we were in for a lot of walking.
We had dinner the first night at Bubba Gumps. It was super yummy, despite that fact it may have clogged a few arteries in the process. Above is the view from our table.
You can't go to San Francisco and not check out the cable cars! Here they are spinning it around. We even captured video of it, but let's be honest...my blogging skills are not up for posting a video right now. Besides, it's already taken my FOREVER to upload these pics (maybe I went a little overbaord, but I had a hard time narrowing it down as it was).
Here I am ready and waiting on the cable car Wednesday morning. Being the early riser that my amazing husband is, we were ready to go for all the city had to offer bright and early...Turns out, there wasn't a lot open, so we were second on the cable car. We rode down to Union Square where we dinned at a cute little coffee shop with delicious pastries!
The lovely view from our alfresca breakfast!
Lombard Street aka the "crookedest" street. We walked down, which was fun. We didn't feel the desire to fight off tourists at the top of the street while driving our fantastic Prius rental just to drive down it ourselves.
Ever since the all-time-greatest TV show, Full House, I have been in love with the homes in this town. While this isn't a picture of the street of the Tanner's TV home, I still think they are super amazing!
Ever since I've know Colin's family, his grandma has always oohed and awwed about the Chocolate Sundaes at Ghiradelli Square. We had to go there-Several times!
Grandma wasn't kidding...the sundaes are "change your life" sort of yummy-ness.
I also had to try the hot chocolate...besides I was freezing by this point of the night, and, yes, I'm wearing a fleece in August. Believe it or not, I also have a short sleeve and a long sleeve shirts underneath the fleece. With only a high in the mid 70s on a warm day and even cooler nights with breezes off the bay, I was cold!!!
Colin posing with "The Rock" in the background. We didn't get to go for our tour, but it's still cool to see at a distance.
Before the wedding on Friday, Colin took the girls for a stroll in the park. Our hotel was just a couple of blocks from the capital. Here Holly, Lindsey, and I are admiring the spectacular rose garden near the capital building. It was so stinkin' hot, Holly said her shoes were melting (but that's another story).
The Capital! The best part of all was the AC after our wandering through the park.
I am a HUGE fan of the Governator! Of course, I had to check out his office! There was an armed guard outside the door, but who knows if he was there. I was pretty bummed I didn't get to see him. Although, we think he drove by us while we were eating breakfast on Sunday Morning! We also got to watch legislation being passed (and rejected) on the floor...it was fascinating! The Reps were quite a sight to watch.
Finally....The WEDDING!!! Here's the outside of the Vizcaya, where the joyful journey begins.
Joe and Jay as 2 of the groomsmen.
One of the Bridesmaids ( I LOVE these dresses) and one of the three flower girls. The flower girls were all the bride's cousins, and the CUTEST girls I have ever seen! They were a huge hit!
They had the best first dance ever! Well, maybe not as cool as the one all over they internet with Sir Mixalot, but I think this one was genuine and impressive!
Again, more ymmy cake...Plus I really like the "H"
Jakes on the Lake in Tahoe City for a great lunch. I think it's starting to sound like all we did was eat; though at times it felt like it too.

6 comments:
Oh my word! What a trip! How long were you guys actually down there because you saw enough for like three trips (or at least that's how long it took Keith and I to do all those things---and we didn't even see the Capital!) I'm very impressed with your new camera--well worth all the great photos. Okay so I just got another job (and still keeping number 1) so I'll have to call you about all the chaos---and there could still be more CRAZY! I like you...let's hang out please :)
Great pics Em... I want to go to Ghardeli Square (Im sure I mis-spelled that)! That chocolate looked amazing! Looks like you guys had a great time. Clearly Im at home and NOT in my classroom getting things ready... oops. :)
I deleted that last comment because I had some major typo's! Sorry!
Hi friend! Thank you for saying that Full House was the best show ever, because I would fully have to agree! I was obsessed with it when I was growing up!
Looks like you had so much fun on your trip! I actually lived in the bay area for the first 10 years of my life, so looking at your pic totally took me back :) Hope to see you sometime soon! Coffee would be fabulous!
What an amazing trip! I know what you mean...there's no place like home (or your own bed)!:)
ps. I LOVE the wedding cake! So beautiful!!!
Em!!! What a surprise to see you found our blog-thanks for leaving a message...didn't know you had one too. I'll have to add it to mine to look at. Looks like you guys had some fun down here in Cali...glad to see things are well with you and Colin. Sure was fun seeing you this spring at Pike Place and yeah, who knows...maybe we'll meet up downtown in some city again??? :) Until then- at least we know we can keep up on eachother's lives through our blogs. Talk to you later...
Jadie
Post a Comment