Monday, September 15, 2008

10 Things Better than Doing Homework

After not having to do homework for the last several years, I really can't imagine anything more awful. Needless to say, I found many ways to procrasitnate over the weekend, so here's my Top 10!

10. Clean the House (I've never wanted to scrub the shower so badly in my whole life).
9. Fold Laundry (about 10 loads that had been neglected all week).
8. Organize Under the Kitchen Sink (after a trip to Home Depot)
7. Offer to help Colin unload the dishwasher (For those of you who have seen our dishwasher on wheels, you know what a small task this really is).
6. Clip the Dogs toenails...for anyone who has had to do this, know how bad it really is and hopefully you are starting to sense my desperate attempts at avoiding my work.
5. Cook...Something I love and hate all at the same time. I made dinner (well, sort of) and Banana bread. Needless to say this led to more dishes for me to do!
4. Send emails to my amazing group of classmates complaining about how awful our prof is.
3. Iron Clothes to wear to school, ironing is so boring!
2. Grade Math Assessments which reminded me of how much work was really up ahead.
1. Dust my family room ceilings...Colin knew he really had to intervene when I told him what I was going to do. Needless to say he took over, so I could start my homework.

YUCK!

As you can, tell I've managed to find a lot of things to do instead of homework...none of which are actually appealing. I did manage to have some fun over the weekend and enjoy a little sunshine. We hung out with family and took the dogs for a walk and actually got to visit about our week.

Since I really didn't think a picture of me at my computer would be very entertaining I do have some new puppy pics just for fun.

Poacher and Kona resting up...Well, Poacher is trying, Kona can't help herself, I swear she has ADHD!

The two dogs posing! It really shows how much bigger Kona's getting.

Poacher playing dead for a treat he thought he saw in Colin's hand (there wasn't one, but, hey, A for effort). Sorry for the doggy porn...If only I could train him to be more modest.


Begging for attention!

One nice part about me doing HW all the time, is that Colin has more time to occupy himself. Consquently, "we" are making progress on the house. Here's a picture of what I came home to one night; my hubby on the roof getting ready for a gable renovation. Stay tuned for more pics...I hear rumors that we might actually be getting our egress window soon!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Your dogs are so cute! My dog does the same 'porn' pose. Must be a dog thing!

mmsnyder said...

seriously laughing out loud!! your top 10 reasons cracked me up- and Im so in your same boat!!!

What a fun post :) I should probably stop looking at blogs and do HW myself...

Jen said...

Love this post! I'm avoiding my homework right now! Just finished cleaning the entire house (wow, it looks great). Now I just have to find something else to do...like reading blogs! :)