Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm Back!

Okay, I know I've been a TOTAL slack-fest at blogging, but I'm back. In order to "sort of" catch up, here are a few things I've been up to...

Finishing my masters degree

I defended my research in January. I WOULD NOT have made it through this time without the MC. These girls are awesome! I know I've said it before, but I WOULD NOT have made it without these four ladies' support!! And a special shout out to Tiffany and Jen who calmed my nerves as I had to redo my ENTIRE presentation about 2 days before it was time to defend. After much stress, we all made it, and PASSED. Here's Tiffany and I celebrating. It was OH SO SWEET to be DONE with this part of our program!!
I was SO Glad to get this box and stack or research articles and drafts of my paper OUT Of my house!!!!!!

Finally, I May, we were all DONE! After taking 11 credits during the last semester, we were all ready to celebrate! While I didn't "walk," Angie had a cap and gown for us at our MC celebration!! Our dear Aunt Pearl even came to celebrate with us; sadly, I don't have a picture of her (not sure where it went, since I thought I had one-oh well)!
Colin even had a party for me at our home to celebrate! It was very sweet of him! I know I always talk about how I couldn't have made it without the MC, most importantly, I wouldn't have made it without Colin's unconditional support. He cooked, I studied. He cleaned, I read. He took care of the dogs, I wrote papers. He supported me in every way, even during my near meltdowns. He is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Woo hoo! Welcome back to blogging! Congrats again on finishing the hell that was our masters! Oh how sweet this summer has been completely homework free!!!!

Jen said...

I'm so glad you're back!!!! Thank goodness we never have to think about research again!!! Love you, lady!

T said...

welcome back to the land of blogging, we missed you!

mmsnyder said...

continuing blogging, please. :) love you!