Thursday, July 17, 2008

Homes with Hounds!

I've decided that trying to maintain a home is hard enough. Then to throw in "fixing-up" a home is another challenge. The McGlocklin challenge, though, is in managing those 8 paws who like to undo everything we've done. I know many of you are probably wondering, are these dogs really worth it??? I wonder that myself on occassion; however, without a doubt, I do have to say, "yes," they really are. They have contributed a great deal of memories already, and besides, what's a little extra yard work anyway?

Do these flowers really stand a chance?
Probably not with the way Kona loves to attack anything that hangs over the edge, or anything she can try a nibble of. Oh the joys of dogs and homeownership!

A Friendly Wager
My neighbor and I have both planted Hydrangeas this past week. We decided to see whose would make it the longest. If mine lives it should look like this one below which is doing well in my "dog-free"front yard. The challenge will be not keeping mine alive, but rather keeping it from being devoured.

Just a few pictures of the flowers I've maganed to save this year!


Sprinklers are Fantastic!

Despite our sprinkler system, there are parts of our lawn that need some extra water. I'm not sure why I really bother considering the dogs doing their duties out there, lack of fertilizer, plethora of weeds, etc, I'm not sure if the water will really help or not. But, hey, at least my weeds will stay green! Anyway, Kona has a new affinity for water under any sort of water. The sprinkler goes on and she goes for it! There's nothing quite like a wet dog! Thankfully, Poacher, the Prince, doesn't feel the need to prance around his royalness in such rubish...or at least that's the attitude he exudes.

After attacking the water, she'd run a lap around the yard at top speed, then go back for more! I know, I'm amused by small things.


Despite the crazy behavior, I do think this is a cute picture. Also, take note of the "FANTASTIC" rusty door behind her. Yes, that leads to my "ultra-classy" home. Keep watching for updates, though, I have plans for this fancy door.

One More Thing!
Kona went for vaccinations today! She's 14 weeks and 29 pounds. She's growing like crazy, and my hopes of her being a smaller lab are diminishing rapidly.


2 comments:

Trish said...

Good luck with those beautiful flowers! Your dogs are adorable, and it is so fun to watch dogs play in water. It looks like you are enjoying summer! We should get together soon friend :)

mmsnyder said...

I love your puppy and flower pics... And your house is so adorably cute!!

PS- Im jealous of your flowers.